Wednesday, February 16, 2011

marinade

This morning, I made a marinade for the pork loins we'll be having for dinner.  It consists of this:

3/4 white onion, chopped
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Allspice
1/2 tsp ground thyme
1 tsp sugar
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1Tbsp water
2Tbsp vegetable oil
Dash hot red pepper flakes

I blended it all up with my immersion blender until it was a disgusting paste, and spread it over the meat, which I then covered and put back in the fridge for the day.  Kathy's going to brush it off with a pastry brush before grilling it tonight.  This is what it looks like now:



I'll let you know how it goes.

I've been home from work for a few days, sick.  I'm going to go into the office later this afternoon, then try to resume normal life.  The time off sick has given me time to consider what it is I'm going to do with my life, given this post from last week.  After thinking, and researching, and talking with Kathy, I think I've actually come up with a plan. 

The plan is serious enough that I laid it out for my parents yesterday morning in an email.  I also took the first steps toward implementing it yesterday afternoon, to see if I can make it work.  Then, last night, a friend of mine from work tipped me off on another opportunity that could work well for me, and dovetails nicely with the elements that have been combining in my head the last few days.  However, I'm also going to have to let this marinate a bit before I'm ready to share it with the world.  Then I'm going to have to cook it.  Because as you can see, things are kind of messy while they are still in the marinating stage.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment