Thursday, February 3, 2011

S-L-O-W

Why Pastors are Like Turtles

Do you want to know why I haven't written anything about work in a while?  Because I haven't actually been doing all that much work in a while.  It's slow.  Not just me, all the associates in my department are pretty slow.  Which means we come to work, screw around for a couple hours, try to do the one thing hanging over our head, and then leave.  It is worse than being busy, because we're just sitting here in our offices, wasting time.

At least, in my department, there is enough camaraderie that we all just sit around and gossip and/or complain about how slow we are, rather than trying to pretend we are busy.  But is it just me, or does being slow make it pretty much impossible to focus on the few things that you actually do have to do?  Inertia, or something.   A body at rest tends to stay at rest. 

The worst part about being slow?  Provided that we remain working here for the rest of the year, at some point, we will be expected to make up all these hours that we are just sitting in our offices doing nothing.  So for every day I bill 3 hours now, I just know that there is a day in the future (probably a day that is 75 and sunny) where I will have to bill 13 hours to make up for it.  Ew.

The best part about being slow?  Two blog posts a day, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment