Tuesday, March 29, 2011

four days

I have four more days of work.  In four days, I will no longer be employed by my law firm, and my pay stubs will say "severance."  I have spent the last two days wrapping up matters that I have been working on, sending documents to records, and liberating myself via this guy:


Lawyers use a lot of paper.  A lot.  That guy is half full already.  In case you were wondering, that is not just a trash can.  That is a shredding can, for all my sensitive and confidential work papers.  And because we're lawyers, after all, the shredding can comes with this:


Ignorance of the law is no excuse, my friends.  NO EXCUSE.

It's all so ridiculous.  I swear I have not stopped rolling my eyes over the confidentiality procedures since I started receiving all the 900 memos the Monday after I gave notice.  Of course, I am following them.  I have to follow them.  I just follow them and roll my eyes.  I actually have to have my personal effects inspected and signed-off by a partner before I leave the office, lest I sneak a document that is firm work-product into my potted plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment