Tuesday, May 17, 2011

rain, rain

I looked at the weather report recently,


and thought, "GREAT!  The vegetables will really take off!" Some things really are all about perspective. 

I have pretty consistently maintained over the years that I've lived in New York that I do. not. like. seasons.  Well, specifically, I have always rather stubbornly said that I don't like seasons that aren't summer.  I feel like, finally, I have to soften this position.  I am really, really liking this spring.  And I was actually ready for last year's suffocatingly hot summer to come to a close (of course, it helped that the malfunction of the air conditioner in our car coincided with one last heat wave).  So, sorry Winter, although I have had a lifetime to inure myself to soggy socks and freezing temperatures, you have yet to earn my favor.  But I am really getting into the other three seasons.

By the way, am I the only one who is consistently confounded when the iPhone weather picture is a sun that is dripping rain?

P.S.  In other news, I re-took that GRE practice test that I took last week, and I'm just saying that I am firmly above the eightieth percentile in both verbal and math.  I did not re-do the writing part yet, but I am no longer living in fear of not getting accepted into a single graduate program.  Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment