Thursday, April 14, 2011

springing


For about 2 months, I have been so jealous of other bloggers' posts about spring's arrival.  Finally, FINALLY, I feel like it is here in our zone.

Today, I spent the day working in my garden, and, while struggling with a particularly strong taproot, remembered the first piece of gardening advice I ever received.  When I was about five years old, I asked my mother, "Mama, how do you tell if it's a weed or a plant?"  Now, I realize that weeds are actually plants as well, but she knew what I meant.  She responded, "Sweetie, if it comes out easy, it's a plant; if it comes out hard, it's a weed."  This leads me to believe that some of the stuff I was ripping out of my garden were "plants," rather than weeds.  Oops.

And now, without further ado, Spring, in our gardens, so far...







No comments:

Post a Comment